Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine's Subway art!

I know, I know, Subway art is by any means a new thing, but it's so popular right now and I do love the way it looks.  So I had to see what I could come up with on my own.
And I couldn't just do it one color.  I mean that would be too easy right.  So I went with 4 colors and pieced the other colors around the black ones. 

 Here's an up close view of it.  I totally meant to keep the back of the frame out, but after I was finished applying my vinyl to the glass, I realized that I didn't pay attention to how the frame kept it's glass in. Unfortunately the swivel hooks are on the backing with the stand and then swivel into groves built into the frame.  I might have to brake out my own little tab gun and make it work for me.  That way I can back in scrapbook paper, or even keep the paint color showing through!! You'll find that I love to put vinyl on glass, windows, and mirrors.  
10x16= multicolor to piece together=$20+ $5 s&h
10x16= one color=$15+ $5 s&h
8x10= multicolor to piece together $15+ $2.50 s&h
8x10= one color= $10+ $2.50 s&h

You can pick what colors you'd like.  Go here to see current available colors.
and email at daisydotdecor@gmail.com to make and order and I'll send you a pay pal invoice!!


Now some of you may have noticed the other little item that I had in my picture.  My argyle Hugs&Kisses.  I actually made this about 2 years ago I think.  Yeah really sad cause it hasn't quite been finished, yet!!  I swear I'm going to do it.

You can see in the picture below that it's slightly poking out of the frame.  Well that frame already has a different saying on it, that I use in my kitchen decor most the year round, so I improvised and just set it inside for the picture

What do you think about the pink and purple version.  Again another one I need to frame.


Anyone out there wondering how I made these?  I could probably put together a tutorial..... and I did make these before I had a vinyl cutter, but now days with cricuts and silouettes, this would be cake!!  

Now I'm out to go to the dollar store to find a nice glass container and bright colored candies to sit on a shelf and help me soak in the Valentine's VIBE!! 

I'm linked up to the following:


No comments:

Post a Comment